- Personal information you provide is received and stored. This includes information you enter on our service or provide to us in any other way. We may release personal information when it is necessary to comply with the law, enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Appadia, our employees, our users, or others. We neither rent nor sell your personal information.
- We collect information about your usage of the app. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take. This is done to offer personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you based on the preferences you select on the notifications preferences. We provide the businesses that are publishing the content on the app with analytics regarding the performance of their campaigns. We don’t share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name, email address or phone that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are). For example, we provide general information such as the number of people the promotion was delivered to and the number of people that opened the promotion.
- Information we obtain from your devices includes: identifiers (unique identifiers, device IDs), device signals (bluetooth signals and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and cell towers), data from device settings (information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location), network and connections (information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network).
- Location-related information: We use location-related information such as your current location and businesses nearby to provide, personalize and improve the information we deliver.
- All the information received might be shared globally, both internally within Appadia and externally with our partners and clients. Information controlled by Appadia will be transferred and transmitted to, or stored and processed in, the United States or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this policy.
- Appadia cookies do not collect personal information. We do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your email address is. Cookies can be turned off through your browser.
- Ads appearing on the service may be delivered to users by our advertising partners, who may set cookies. This information allows ad networks to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. This can also be changed through your browser.
- This service may contain links to other sites. Appadia is not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices on other sites. When you use any social sharing function we may provide, your sharing activity will be processed through a third party’s site or service. These third parties’ privacy policies, not ours, govern the collection and use of the information collected on those sites.
- If you fill out a form to contact a retail professional (or use any other contact forms available on our Sites) or call a retail professional via our mobile site or app, we may share personally identifiable information that you share with us and information about your use of our Services with the party you wanted to contact.
- You can delete your account by going to My Account>Manage>Delete Account and your information will be removed from the site and deleted from Appadia servers. This process may not be immediate and it may take up to 90 days for your account to be completely deleted.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to access, rectify, post and erase your data. This includes:
- The right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by using the “unsubscribe” link in such marketing communications; and
- The right to object to our processing of your data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party.